You Can Help Us Promote Safety
The Department of Health and Human Services has given Ascension Health a grant for an important new research study to help learn how to promote safety for mothers and babies during delivery. Saint Agnes Hospital is a member of Ascension Health and is helping with this research.
Here’s how you can help by being a part of this study:
- We will be collecting information from the medical records of mothers and babies that will help promote better outcomes for all patients.
- To participate, please read (or have read to you) the
- If you agree, sign the form.
Here are some important facts:
- Signing this form allows us to use information about your labor and delivery to promote patient safety.
- You will receive the same care, whether you sign up or not.
- There are absolutely no additional tests or treatments.
- Your privacy is protected by law. We will not share your name, your baby’s name, or any other information that could identify you.
- The study complies with all federal and state regulations under the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) — a law that protects the security and confidentiality of healthcare information.